Director, Legal Affairs and Corporate Secretary
To carry out the mandates entrusted to him/her and for which he/she is accountable, the Director, Legal Affairs and Corporate Secretary manages a team of managers and unionized employees.
Manages all activities related to RTL’s legal affairs:
- Ensures legal vigilance regarding the effects of bills or regulations on RTL’s business.
- Provides legal opinions to management and the Board of Directors, and performs the acts provided for in the Law Society Act.
Manages all activities related to RTL’s corporate affairs in accordance with section 46 of the Loi sur les sociétés de transport (S-30.01) :
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors and related technical committees to prepare official proceedings.
- Drafts texts such as minutes, contracts, agreements, legal opinions, etc.
- Draws up by-laws, policies, procedures and other administrative directives under his/her responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with the Access to Documents and Protection of Personal Information Act and is responsible for access to information and protection of personal information.
- Administers RTL’s liability insurance portfolio and makes the necessary recommendations to General Management as required.
Carries out, participates or collaborates in various corporate projects:
Carries out, participates or collaborates in various corporate projects in compliance with management orientations, budgets, deadlines, costs and schedules, at the request of his/her immediate superior.
Participates in various committees:
- Leads or participates in various internal or external committees at the request of his or her immediate superior; represents RTL as required.
Manages human, financial, material and information resources:
- Exercises leadership in keeping with management philosophy and organizational values.
- Applies policies, procedures and collective agreement rules fairly and consistently; ensures healthy working relationships.
- Leads a team and sees to the professional development of each member so as to generate maximum results and make an optimal contribution to the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Establishes the annual budget for his/her department and submits it to his/her immediate superior for approval.
- Carries out monthly budget monitoring for his/her department, is accountable for respecting organizational priorities and the allocated budget, explains variances and submits recommendations to his/her immediate superior to ensure a balanced budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or appropriate discipline.
- More than twelve (12) years’ experience as a manager in a unionized environment, including more than five (5) years’ experience in the public sector, particularly in the municipal sector.
- Member of the Quebec Bar or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
- Knowledge of most areas of law (legal generalist).
- Significant achievements in line with the challenges of the position.