Human Resources Director
Bitumar Inc. is a privately-owned company specializing in the production of liquid bitumens used in asphalt mixes for road paving and roofing. Our mission is to produce safe, environmentally friendly, high-quality bitumen products.
The job and its challenges
Reporting to the Vice-President, Human Resources, and working as a generalist in the various fields of activity such as consulting services to managers, labor relations, workforce planning, organizational development, compensation, staffing and training, the Human Resources Manager’s role and main responsibilities will be to :
- Act as a resource person to optimize the quality of support offered to the company’s managers and maintain the strategic direction of interventions.
- See to the application of collective agreements, participate in negotiations and support managers in maintaining good labor relations.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, including the use of the best research tools, testing, interviewing, hiring and integration.
- Manage benefits administration and make recommendations to ensure competitiveness and harmonization between sites.
- Develop and recommend training programs that familiarize all employees with their job responsibilities and relevant safety requirements.
- Analyze and make recommendations to ensure that the performance management program provides managers with a tool to help them achieve their objectives in the appraisal process.
- Develop and update compensation strategy through market analysis and compensation surveys to ensure competitiveness.
- Act as a change agent to accompany the company through various organizational transformations.
- Find new strategies to measure employee engagement and identify new practices to improve overall employee satisfaction.
Requirements and skills / Profile sought
- University degree in administration, human resources management or industrial relations.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in a human resources position, including a minimum of 3 years as a manager.
- Ability to provide consulting services to managers, knowledge of talent acquisition, compensation strategy, performance management, labor relations.
- Fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Availability for occasional travel.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Good collaborative spirit, innate sense of teamwork and internal customer service.
- Positive attitude, sense of autonomy and initiative, dynamic.
- Good organizational skills, sharp judgment, strong sense of ethics and attention to detail.
- Discretion, versatility, adaptability, flexibility and agility.